Stephan Krampe advises institutional investors and family offices on the tax and legal structuring of complex corporate transactions, including the conception and implementation of fund structures, alternative investments, and structured financing. He has a particular focus on the real estate sector.
Mr. Krampe is a certified tax consultant (Steuerberater), has an LL.M. in International Tax Law from New York University, and has been included in the 2021 and 2022 editions of the Best Lawyers in Germany list of Handelsblatt for his expertise in tax law.
- Representation of real estate investment manager AEW on a closed-end investment partnership on the acquisition of an innovative office property complex in New Eastside, Munich.
- Representation of manufacturer Terex Corporation on the sale of its mobile crane business, Demag Mobile Cranes.
- Representation of Mount Street Mortgage Servicing Limited on its acquisition of EAA Portfolio Advisers GmbH (now called Mount Street Portfolio Advisers).
- Representation of the German asset manager COLCAP, on the acquisition of a Capri by Fraser Hotel.
- Representation of Bank11 in regards to several securitizations of car loans with a total issue volume of 1.7 billion.
- Representation of an institutional investor in regards to the conclusion of a mezzanine financing for the high-rise icon T1 in Frankfurt’s city center.
- Representation of an institutional investor on a joint venture to acquire a portfolio of more than 30 logistics properties in several countries.
- Representation of London-based Aegila Capital Management on its joint venture to acquire the RellingHaus in Essen for more than EUR 140 million from Union Investment.
- Representation of Dubai-based real estate developer Select Investment Limited in relation to the forward sale of a hotel project in Frankfurt.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Best Lawyers in Germany, 2021-2022
- Legal500, Germany, 2019-2020
Mr. Krampe was described by Legal500 as an attorney who “works very quickly and thoroughly while also understanding business relationships very well,” (Germany, 2019 Legal 500).
- Bundesverfassungsgericht kippt Grundsteuer [Federal Constitutional Court overturns property tax], Der Steuerberater, 5/2018
- Überschusserzielungsabsicht bei der Kapitalanlage unter der Abgeltungsteuer [on certain aspects of the flat tax regime] (together with Martin Haisch), DStR 2011, 2178
- Kapitalertragsteuer bei Verbriefungstransaktionen im Lichte des BFH-Urteils v. 22. Juni 2010 – I R 78/09 [on withholding tax on securitizations in light of Federal Tax Court ruling], (together with Florian Lechner), FR 2011, 607
- Einzelfragen zur Abgeltungsteuer – Teil I [certain aspects of the flat tax regime], (together with Martin Haisch), FR 2010, 311
- Steuerliche Aspekte der Verbriefung von Körperschaftssteuerguthaben [on tax aspects of securitization of corporate tax credits], (together with Marcus Helios), Corporate Finance, 2/2010
*Attorney is a member of separate entity, Rimon Falkenfort, and not Rimon P.C.
News, Events, & Insights
- Regulatory Standards on European ESG Financial Services Regulation Deferred to 1 January 2023
Insights December 3, 2021
- Global law firm Rimon PC welcomes insolvency Partner, Oliver Otto in Frankfurt
News December 1, 2021
- Rimon's New Frankfurt Office Extensively Covered by the Press
News September 14, 2021
- Global Law firm Rimon PC continues European expansion with the opening of a new office in Frankfurt
News September 1, 2021