We advise major corporations and investors based in or doing business in Australia and New Zealand in connection with a wide range of legal challenges including capital markets, inbound and outbound business, and public-private partnerships.
We advise some of Australia’s largest companies on significant capital markets deals, including NAB, Qantas, and Suncorp Metway. Rimon attorneys have advised top ASX-listed companies on hundreds of debt and equity securities offerings in the United States, including private placements, Rule 144A transactions, U.S. public offers of debt and equity securities including Nasdaq listings, and other SEC-registered offerings. We also advise on the regulatory and compliance issues which arise from our clients’ transactions.
- Representation of National Australia Bank on its $3.0 billion private placement.
- Representation of Sydney Airport on its $2.0 billion PAITREO.
- Representation of Qantas on its $1.36 billion private placement.
- Representation of Dalrymple Bay Infrastructure (and selling shareholders) on its $1.28 billion IPO.
- Representation of Ramsay Health Care on its $1.2 billion private placement.
- Representation of Newcrest on its $1.2 billion private placement.
- Representation of Kazia Therapeutics, a NASDAQ-listed an Australian oncology company, in connection with U.S. public offerings and related compliance advice.
- Representation of Carbon Revolution in connection with the U.S. tranche of its Australian IPO.
- Representation of Mesoblast, a NASDAQ-listed Australia/New Zealand biopharmaceutical company, in connection with U.S. public offerings and related compliance advice.
- Representation of Melbourne Airport in connection with its U.S. private placement of debt.
- Representation of Suncorp-Metway in connection with a Rule 144A investment-grade bond offering.
Inbound and Outbound Business and Regulatory
Our attorneys advise clients navigating the cross-border landscape – both foreign companies wishing to invest in or open operations in Australia, and Australian companies wanting to do business overseas. We serve as general counsel to entities with Australian operations, advising on issues including trade, distribution, licensing, employment, regulatory issues, and strategy. We advise Australian companies on outbound business and investment issues such as CFIUS review and United States Code Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representation of an Australian company with Chinese owners in connection with CFIUS analysis related to the addition to the company of shares in a U.S. mining company.
- Advising a U.S. public enterprise software company on its establishment of offshore operations in England, Australia and the Ukraine.
- Advising the U.S. subsidiary of an Australian multinational company on issues related to its US operations, specifically leveraged lease financings, subsequent buyouts, and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representation of a conglomerate of business enterprises in the U.S., Europe and Australia in a non-bankruptcy cross border workout with $600 million of debt, achieving full payment to all creditors.
- Representation of an Australian public corporation in the preparation and filing of a form S-8 registration statement and advisory on corporate governance issues.
- Advising foreign governments on corruption concerns under Australian law.
Public-Private Partnerships and Major Projects
Our attorneys advise private companies and government agencies on public-private partnerships and major projects. They have served as legal counsel on several major public-private projects in the energy and transport industries.
- Representation of state-owned utility, CS Energy, in relation to a joint venture with several other parties including the Government of Queensland, Schlumberger, Glencore and IHI Engineering in relation to the development of a clean coal technology for the Callide-Oxy Fuel project.
- Representation of ITOCHU Corporation in relation to joint venture investments in the Queensland New Generation Rolling Stock public private partnership project for the supply of commuter rail sets and the $3.5 billion Aquasure desalination public private partnership project to build, own and operate a high-capacity water desalination plant in the Australian State of Victoria.
- Representation of J-Power in relation to its investment in a consortium with Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Iwatani Corporation, Marubeni Corporation, Sumitomo Corporation and AGL Limited, with the support of the Australian Federal and Victorian State Governments in relation to the development of a $500 million Hydrogen energy supply chain and technology demonstration project in Victoria.
- Representation of ITOCHU Corporation in joint venture bids for the public private partnership High-Capacity Metro Trains Project in Victoria, The Sydney Light Rail Project, the North West Rail Project in New South Wales and the Gold Coast Light Rail Project in Queensland.
Rimon's Office in Australia and New Zealand
Level 10, 20 Martin Place
Sydney, NSW 2000
Tel/Fax: 61 2 9055 6965
Rimon Attorneys With Expertise in Australia and New Zealand Include:
Theodore (Ted) Ghorra
Securities and Capital Markets, Regulatory, Compliance & Corporate Governance
Regulatory, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Securities and Capital Markets
Securities and Capital Markets
Securities and Capital Markets
Mergers and Acquisitions, Securities and Capital Markets, Israel, Special Purpose Acquisition Companies, Banking and Financial Services, Corporate and Business Transactions, Emerging Companies and Venture Capital, CFIUS/National Security
Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights, Corporate and Business Transactions
Mergers and Acquisitions, Leveraged Finance, International Transactions, Banking and Financial Services