Carl M. Sherer is Counsel to Rimon. Mr. Sherer holds a JD as well as an MBA from New York University, and is a graduate of Columbia University. He worked with Simpson Thacher & Bartlett and with Schulte Roth & Zabel in New York, in addition to serving as Assistant to the General Counsel at the Israel Securities Authority.
Mr. Sherer has over twenty-five years experience in corporate and securities law, helping individuals and corporations in both transactional and regulatory settings in the United States and in Israel. Mr. Sherer was associated with Professor Joseph Gross, Hodak & Co. in Tel Aviv, was a partner at Silber, Schottenfels, Gerber & Sherer, and was of counsel to Zell Goldberg & Co.
Mr. Sherer’s experience covers a wide array of domestic and international corporate and securities matters, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions, including major international mergers
- Initial public offerings, secondary offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities in the United States and in Israel
- International joint ventures
- Securities regulatory advice in the United States and in Israel, including under both countries’ investment adviser regulations
- Securities regulation in Israel
- Technology licensing arrangements
- Financial products
- Establishment of investment funds
- Commodities trading worldwide
- Bank regulatory advice in the United States
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the Fifth Edition of The Best Lawyers in Israel in the practice area of Capital Markets Law., 2014 – 2019.
- Finding Your Fortune – SEC’s Proposal To Allow Non-Registered Finders, Family Wealth Report, November 2, 2020
- Co-author of the Israel chapter in the ABA’s International Mergers and Acquisitions Due Diligence.
News, Events, & Insights
- Finding Your Fortune - SEC’s Proposal To Allow Non-Registered Finders
Insights November 2, 2020
- Rimon Law helps clients to navigate newly opened commerce between the UAE and Israel
News September 15, 2020
- Rimon Partners in Six States and in Israel listed in Best Lawyers® Again
News August 15, 2018
- Rimon Attorney Carl Sherer Named in Best Lawyers® Israel Again
News December 15, 2016
- Rimon Partners in Five States and in Israel listed in Best Lawyers® for Third Consecutive Year.
News August 15, 2016
- Rimon Attorney Named in Best Lawyers® Israel Again
News January 27, 2016