Rimon’s interdisciplinary team has significant experience across the equipment leasing and finance industry. We primarily represent national and state banks and bank subsidiaries, independent and captive leasing and finance companies, financial services corporations, and investment funds, including some of the 50 largest equipment leasing and finance companies in the United States, as rated by The Monitor 100.
Our team members are actively involved in the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA) and include a past member of ELFA’s Legal Committee, a vice-chair of ELFA’s Energy Subcommittee, and frequent lecturers at ELFA forums. We contribute frequently to various publications supporting the industry, and our lawyers include the author of a regularly scheduled column in The Monitor since 2002; a member of the Board of Directors of LJN’s Equipment Leasing Newsletter; and publishers in a variety of other journals including the ABF Journal and The Journal of Equipment Lease Financing. We also contribute to other associations, including the Maritime Law Association, and our lawyers are honored in the Best Lawyers of America®, Chambers, Super Lawyers® and with AV (Preeminent) ® distinctions in Martindale Hubbell.
We are experienced in a wide range of transaction and equipment types. Transaction types include:
- TRACs, Split-TRACs, Fair Market Value (FMV); Service Contracts; sale-leasebacks, and other true lease structures
- Synthetic leases
- Leases intended as security, equipment finance agreements and traditional loan transactions
- Progress payment, interim funding and construction financings
- Sublease and inventory structures
- Mixed goods and services transactions
- Vendor programs
- Assignments and syndications, including sales of interest, participations, portfolio acquisitions, discounting transactions, back-leveraging, warehouse and funding lines
We routinely handle virtually all equipment types, including transportation equipment (aircraft, vessels, vehicles and railcars); construction equipment; FF&E; electricity generation facilities (including solar, wind, landfill-gas-to-energy, anaerobic digester and combined heat and power); computer, telecommunications and other high-tech equipment; medical equipment; drilling rigs and gas compression equipment; and manufacturing equipment and facilities.