Winnie Ward is a commercial real estate attorney in Rimon’s Sacramento office. She advises commercial real estate clients in all facets of the industry, from national real estate investment trusts to local commercial developers. Ms. Ward specializes in leasing transactions, and she has drafted and negotiated literally thousands of lease documents, ranging from small retail tenants to single-tenant office buildings in excess of 170,000 square feet. She not only works with landlords, but also represents several national companies in leasing, and purchase and sale, transactions throughout the United States.
Ms. Ward represents prominent developers and agencies including Wareham Development, Jackson Properties, Heller Properties and Kaplan Real Estate.
In addition to her real estate practice, Ms. Ward has expertise in aviation law. Her husband and she own an aerial firefighting company (MindWinder Aviation based in Reno, Nevada) that is on contract to the US Forest Service and CalFIRE. She is well-placed to advise clients in this sector on leasing, purchasing and selling aircraft and aircraft hangars, airport ground leasing and other related issues.
Ms. Ward currently serves as a Trustee for Sacramento Country Day School, and also serves on the board of the Sacramento chapter of NAIOP (the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties). She also is a member of the Real Property Sections of both the State Bar of California and the Sacramento County Bar Association. She is a recognized thought leader and has written articles for the “Legal Tips” section of the ACRE Newsletter as well as “Commercial Lease Law Insider.” She has spoken on real estate law at conferences hosted by the California State Bar, CCIM Institute, Facilities Managers Association and ACRE, and provides regular trainings to real estate brokers on leasing issues.
Community Involvement and Awards
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Association of Commercial Real Estate (ACRE)
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Sierra Forever Families
- Former Member, Board of Directors, The Friendship Club (Nevada City based nonprofit group dedicated to providing services for girls in sixth through twelfth grades)
- Board of Directors (Past President and current Secretary/Treasurer), Beyers Lane Community Service District
- Kaplan Real Estate Service Provider of the Year Award – 2009
News, Events, & Insights
- Global law firm Rimon PC adds Winnie Ward as Real Estate Partner in new Sacramento Office
News October 13, 2022