Craig Granet’s practice is focused on complex civil litigation, primarily in the following two areas: real property litigation, including lease disputes, title disputes, easement, view and other property disputes, land use development challenges, mechanic’s lien claims, and eminent domain; and business and commercial litigation, including breach of contract claims, unsecured and secured promissory note disputes, and partnership disputes.
Prior to joining Rimon, for 40 years, he was a partner at the Santa Barbara law firm of Fell, Marking, Abkin, Montgomery, Granet & Raney, LLP. He has previously served as a Master of the William L. Gordon Inn of Court, and is active in the Santa Barbara community, having served on the Boards of Directors of the Santa Barbara County Bar Association and the Barristers’ Club of Santa Barbara. Mr. Granet is currently serving on the Board of the Santa Barbara Bucket Brigade.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Martindale-Hubbell AV rated attorney
- Representation of a major oil pipeline company in a criminal proceeding and numerous civil lawsuits arising out of an oil spill.
- Successful representation of a local hospital in defending against a mandate proceeding to stop construction of workforce housing for the hospital’s staff.
- Representation of a major developer in successfully defending against challenges to both the City of Santa Barbara’s and the California Coastal Commission’s approval of a major development project, both in the Superior Court and the Court of Appeal.
- Representation of two individuals in successfully defending against alter ego claims in a month-long trial, which also resulted in a Court of Appeal decision establishing that prevailing alter ego defendants are entitled to recover attorneys’ fees based on the contract with the corporation.
- Representation of homeowners at a trial, where they prevailed in defeating a boundary line claim which would have significantly impacted the use and enjoyment of their property.
News, Events, & Insights
- Global Law Firm Rimôn PC Opens Santa Barbara Office with Four New Partners
News March 1, 2021