Celeste Moy is a Partner in Rimon’s Entertainment Sports & Media practice group. Ms. Moy has extensive music and entertainment law experience primarily representing songwriters, and their successors-in-interest, in disputes over royalty payments and royalty monetization transactions, copyright assignment terminations and recaptures, as well as negotiating and drafting various types of entertainment contracts for recording and performing artists and music producers. She also helps her clients to obtain trademark registrations and trademark license agreements for use of their logos, and creative works in connection with advertising, marketing materials and merchandise.
In addition to her law practice, Ms. Moy and her brother, Christopher Moy, are Co-Managers of the Estate of Sylvia Moy LLC d/b/a Masterpiece Sound Studios. Masterpiece was established by Sylvia Moy, the award-winning American songwriter, record producer, inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2006, and the first woman songwriter/producer for Motown Records with 11 Gold and 8 Platinum album awards. Since its founding in 1973, Masterpiece Sound Studios has worked with and produced certified gold and platinum records for Grammy nominated and award- winning artists.
- Co-Author, “Copyright Law Enters the Digital Age: The Music Modernization Act Is Now Law”, Intellectual Property and Technology Law Journal, Jan. 2019
- Panelist, “Music Industry Law Panel,” The George Washington University Law School Entertainment and Sports Law Association, October 2021
- Federal Bar Association Webinar, Presenter, “The Music Modernization Act: Ushering the Copyright Law into the Age of a Digital Music Marketplace,” March 2019
- Received 2005 “Privacy Innovation Award” sponsored by International Association of Privacy Professionals & Hewlett-Packard
News, Events, & Insights
- First Lady of Motown, Claudette Robinson, Opens New Exhibit at Motown Museum
News November 16, 2023
- Global Law Firm Rimon PC Strengthens Bench with Five Lateral Partners Added to the Firm in January
News February 22, 2023