Shelley Ivan is a partner in the Rimon Litigation group in the New York office. She is a highly skilled litigator with over 15 years of experience in intellectual property and complex commercial litigation. Ms. Ivan has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide range of disputes spanning numerous industries and covering a broad spectrum of issues, including patent infringement, licensing, copyright, breach of contract, business torts, breach of fiduciary duty, common law fraud, RICO, bankruptcy, antitrust, real estate, banking, securities and capital markets.
Ms. Ivan is a registered patent attorney with a background in molecular biology and organic chemistry and has represented pharmaceutical companies in Hatch-Waxman patent infringement actions. Ms. Ivan has also represented high tech companies including, Fintiv Inc., in a patent infringement case against Apple Inc. involving Apple Pay and virtual payment cards on mobile devices.
Ms. Ivan has extensive experience in Federal Circuit appeals and drafted five consecutive winning briefs over the past year. She is also a Harvard Business School alum and a strategic advisor dedicated to meticulously customizing client representation to optimize business strategies and transaction cost economics.
- Represented Fintiv Inc. in a patent infringement action against Apple Inc. alleging that Apple Wallet and Apple Watch infringe Fintiv’s patent relating to the provisioning and management of virtual payment cards on mobile devices.
- Represented WSOU Investments, LLC d/b/a Brazos Licensing and Development in multiple patent infringement actions against various global, multi-billion-dollar companies, including Canon Inc., Dell Technologies, Inc., ZTE Corp., Xilinx, Inc. and OnePlus Technology (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd.
- Represented Zydus Worldwide DMCC in Hatch-Waxman litigation against Pharmacyclics LLC and Janssen Biotech, Inc.
- Represented The Adelphia Recovery Trust in a multi-billion-dollar action against several hundred banks for intentional and constructive fraudulent conveyances, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented Loreley Financing in analyzing and bringing claims against major investment banks concerning billions of dollars of collateralized debt obligations.
- Represented Harbinger Capital Partners (a prominent hedge fund and majority shareholder of LightSquared) in connection with adversary proceedings against LightSquared’s largest creditor in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented Chapter 7 Trustee of CEVA Investments in a lawsuit against the former directors of the company for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty in connection with the transfer of CEVA’s equity to an affiliate of Apollo Global Management.
- Represented Ad Hoc Committee of EFH Legacy Bondholders in the Energy Future Holdings bankruptcy concerning a PIK Indenture and a claim for a premium upon automatic acceleration after an event of default.
- Represented UniCredit (a leading European bank) defending class and individual actions in jurisdictions throughout the country in connection with tax shelter transactions.
- Represented Anderson News in an antitrust action alleging a conspiracy among the leading magazine publishers and distributors to boycott Anderson forcing it into bankruptcy.
- Represented a well-known software company in connection with a short-selling investigation under SEC, FINRA, NASDAQ and UCC rules.
- Represented Cityline Partners, a real estate asset manager and developer, in a declaratory judgment action arising out of a restrictive covenant and zoning regulations.
- Represented Signal Genetics in a breach of contract action against a Canadian company and a U.S. competitor concerning a multi-million dollar genomic-based diagnostic technology.
FEDERAL CIRCUIT DECISIONS
- In re: OnePlus Technology (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd., Case. No. 21-165
- In re: ZTE Corporation, Case No. 2022-122
- In re: Canon Inc., Canon U.S.A., Inc., Case No. 2022-130
- In re: Canon Inc., Canon U.S.A., Inc., Case No. 2022-131
- In re: ZTE Corporation, Case Nos. 2022-147, 2022-148, 2022-149, 22-150
- Harvard Business School Club of New York, Corporate Sponsorship Committee
- Harvard Business School Alumni Angels of Greater New York
News, Events, & Insights
- Global law firm Rimon PC adds Shelley Ivan as Litigation Partner in New York Office
News October 31, 2022