Ray Garcia joined Rimon as a Partner in November 2018. He brings with him a diverse portfolio of entertainment business experience with a focus on the music industry. For the last 20 years, he’s lived and worked in the United States and Latin America, representing clients such as developing artists and superstars, major record companies and independent labels, music publishers, management companies, investment enterprises, entertainment company employees and executives, and others.
Mergers and acquisitions and other investment opportunities are a major part of Mr. Garcia’s practice. His knowledge of the landscape and players help bring the right people and companies together. While serving as the SVP of Business & Legal Affairs at Roadrunner Records, he oversaw the sale of Roadrunner, first, to Island Def Jam/Universal Music Group, and then five years later to Atlantic Records/Warner Music Group, as well as the sale of Roadrunner’s sister company publisher, and the formation of a joint venture, with BMG Music Publishing. Since leaving Atlantic Records, Mr. Garcia has represented various companies in multi-million dollar catalog sales and stock purchases.
Mr. Garcia handled the in-house business affairs for high-profile artists such as Rush, Slipknot, Nickelback, Halestorm, Dream Theater, Gojira, David Guetta, Icona Pop, Wu-Tang Clan, Garbage, NSYNC, Alexandre Pires/So Pra Contrariar, Mecano, Nicole and Gondwana. He served for seven years on the legal committee for the American Association of Independent Music (“A2IM”), helping advise and shape policy for A2IM from its inception in 2005 to 2012. Mr. Garcia currently represents a roster of artists, which includes baby bands and established artists, as well as several leading independent record companies.
- Distinguished Alumni Award, St. John’s University School of Law, 2009
- Speaker, “The 411 on 360’s: The 360 Deal Deconstructed and Its Applicability to the Independent Music Sector,” East and West Coast A2IM Members-Only Events, May and June, 2008.
- The Island Def Jam Music Group Inks Joint Venture With Roadrunner
News, Events, & Insights
- Rimon Attorneys Ken Anderson, Jill Berliner and Ray Garcia on 2023 Billboard Top Music Lawyers List
Awards April 5, 2023
- Rimon Attorneys Jill Berliner and Ray Garcia Named to Billboard’s 2022 Top Music Lawyers List
Awards March 29, 2022
- Rimon Law Welcomes Entertainment Lawyer Ray Garcia as Partner in its New York Office
News December 11, 2018