Patrick regularly represents broker-dealers and hedge funds on legal issues related to the purchase and sale of loans and private securities of distressed and bankrupt companies with a focus on handling transactional matters related to the transfer of bank debt, private notes, trade claims, restrictive securities, interests in litigation trusts and other illiquid financial assets, both domestically and in Europe. Patrick brings a depth of transactional experience to every matter having spent significant time representing sell-side, buy-side and brokers-dealers on thousands of transfers. Patrick also advises clients on general corporate and compliance issues and is a member of the Loan Syndications and Trading Association (LSTA).
During the past several years, Mr. Maschio has advised hedge funds & trading desks as well as smaller claims trading shops in connection with bank loans, general unsecured and admin priority claims of the following distressed and performing borrowers, issuers and obligors: Lehman Brothers, Toys “R” Us, Pacific Drilling, Seadrill, Westinghouse, RA Holdings (Arcapita), Concordia, iHeart, MF Global, Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities, Nortel, Drillships, Alpha Natural Resources, among many others.
Mr. Maschio has developed an extensive network within the legal community which provides exposure to actively traded matters as well as enabling him to assist in the sale of legacy positions.
- Claims Traders Beware: Another Bankruptcy Court Determines that Disallowance under Bankruptcy Code Section 502(d) Follows the Claim, Rimonlaw.com, April 30, 2020
- LIBOR Fallbacks- Alternative Reference Rates, Rimonlaw.com, May 20, 2019
- Visa & Mastercard Interchange Fees Merchant Class Action Update, Rimonlaw.com, April 24, 2019
News, Events, & Insights
- Claims Traders Beware: Another Bankruptcy Court Determines that Disallowance under Bankruptcy Code Section 502(d) Follows the Claim
Insights April 30, 2020
- LIBOR Fallbacks- Alternative Reference Rates
Insights May 20, 2019
- Visa & Mastercard Interchange Fees Merchant Class Action Update
Insights April 24, 2019