*Attorney is a member of separate entity, Rimon Falkenfort, and not Rimon P.C.
Oliver Otto is a Partner in Rimon’s Frankfurt office. He focuses on restructuring, bankruptcies, as well as banking and finance in the finance, technology, energy, and manufacturing sectors.
Mr. Otto advises clients on insolvency risk on financial restructuring measures, non-performing investments, exit solutions, portfolio solutions, and debt trading. He represents creditors in insolvency proceedings as well as debtors in their crisis and debtor-in-possession proceedings, and provides counsel to corporates and directors in near-insolvency scenarios and advises on fraudulent insolvencies.
- Representation of mail order company, Otto Group, in relation to the sale of its Quality Assurance and Product Safety service provider.
- Representation of precision mechanical engineering company, Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG, on financial restructuring measures to increase its profitability.
- Representation of a U.S. fund on the repayment of a corporate financing made to a German medical laboratory.
- Representation of a lessor for truck trailers active in the European market on the insolvency remote structuring of a multinational ABS structure.
- Representation of an operator of nursing homes active in the European market in relation to the insolvency proceedings of a German nursing home operator and in the takeover of its business out of insolvency.
- Representation of a German mortgage bank on the sale of its GBP 15 million interest in a syndicated loan to a foreign borrower (performing loan, sell side).
- Representation of Finnish sovereign wealth fund, Finnish Fund for Industrial Cooperation Ltd, in relation to the debtor-in-possession proceedings of German solar solutions provider, Mobisol GmbH.
- Representation of manufacturer Guala Closures Group, on the acquisition of the German closure manufacturing operations of the insolvent Closurelogic GmbH, out of debtor-in-possession proceedings.
- Representation of Swedish mortgage bank on the sale of part of its NPL portfolio with a volume of EUR 175 million (sell side).
- Representation of hospital and senior living group, Katharina Kasper ViaSalus, in its debtor-in-possession proceedings.
- Representation of British Airways, Iberia, and a merchant acquirer in relation to the insolvency proceedings of Air Berlin PLC & Co. Luftverkehrs KG.
- Representation of insurance company, Baloise Group, on the transfer of a loan portfolio held by the German branch of Basler Leben AG to Frankfurter Leben Group.
- Representation of Credit Suisse International on work-out scenarios and re-organisation of pan-European real-estate loan portfolios.
- Representation of Santander Consumer Bank in the insolvency of German customers, including security and loan origination documents.
- Mass Redundancies In Insolvency Scenarios, Mondaq®, 10 October 2023
- ESG – In Times Of Crisis Should “G”overnance Be Replaced By “C”ompliance? Aufsichtsräte Be Aware!, Mondaq®, 31 July 2023
- Take Action Now: Sustainability and Human Resources, Labor Law Magazine (FAZ Fachverlag), 13 June 2022
- Tangible Effects on The Restructuring Environment, Published by EXIS|TENZ Magazin, Magazine for the Restucturing Market (Edition February 2022)
- Sustainability also plays a role in restructuring, Published by Börsen-Zeitung, Magazine for Financial Markets (Edition 20, January 29, 2022)
- Cash pooling in insolvency scenarios; Handbook Deutsche Kreditmarkt Standards, October 2021
- Commenting on judgement of OLG Karlsruhe ‘Funding of closed property funds’ (‘Aufklärungspflicht; Finanzierung von geschlossenen Immobilienfonds’), WuB/November 2011, S. 639
- Mondaq-Webinar: German State Aid – Will Mass Insolvency Be Next?, May 2022
- DKS – German Loan Market Standard Association
- German Bar Association (DAV)
- DAV sub-group Insolvency & Restructuring
- Association on white-collar criminal law
News, Events, & Insights
- Mass Redundancies in Insolvency Scenarios
Insights September 12, 2023
- ESG – In Times Of Crisis Should "G"overnance Be Replaced By "C"ompliance? Aufsichtsräte Be Aware!
Insights July 31, 2023
- Rimon Falkenfort Partners Bernd Geier and Oliver Otto to Present at Corporate Restructuring Conference in Düsseldorf, Germany
Events February 3, 2023
- Take Action Now: Sustainability and Human Resources (Published by Labor Law Magazine)
Insights June 16, 2022
- Webinar: Worldwide: German State Aid – Will Mass Insolvency Be Next?
Events May 16, 2022
- Tangible Effects on The Restructuring Environment
Insights March 28, 2022