Michael Goulborn is a commercial litigator in Rimon’s London office. He represents clients in a wide range of commercial, corporate, and trusts disputes, as well as regulatory investigations, and advises on risk-related issues. His litigation experience includes advising on cross-border disputes, including enforcement of foreign judgments, fraud and asset tracing, shareholder actions, funds and financial services disputes, and professional negligence claims.
In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Goulborn provides wealth management, trust and corporate solutions to private clients, high-net worth individuals, and family offices. He supervises complex trust and company structures in relation to both contentious and non-contentious trust matters and regulatory investigations. He provides regulatory advice to trustees and fiduciaries with a particular emphasis on AML, CFT, and investigations.
Mr. Goulborn has experience in large multinational firms as well as boutique law firms in the United Kingdom and with leading offshore firms in the Channel Islands. He has been recognized by Citywealth Leaders List for his contentious trust and trustee work.
Mr. Goulborn’s notable cases include the following:
- Alhamrani v Alhamrani, in re Internine Trusts. Case involved breach of trust and was the longest running proceeding in Jersey legal history, settling after 101 days in trial.
- W Trust and X Trust (2014) JRC 112. Case concerned an application to set aside establishment of trust.
- Re the Dunlop Settlement (2013) JRC 029, which concerned an application by a trustee to settle various claims against trust.
- Re The Lochmore Trust (2010) JRC 068, which concerned an application to set aside trust for mistake.
- Estate of Turquand Young (2013) JRC 235, which involved acting for the executor seeking a declaration as to the interpretation of a will relating to a multi-million pound estate.
- Law Society of Jersey
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists
- Chancery Bar Association (Overseas Member)
News, Events, & Insights
- Global Law Firm Rimon PC Adds Litigation and Trusts and Estates Partner to London Office
News September 13, 2021