Mark Mirkin focuses his practice on strategic corporate and securities counseling to emerging and high-growth companies, especially in the context of seed, early stage and venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and IPOs. He has applied his voluminous knowledge of the startup landscape to help his clients in early stage financing transactions, particularly in private placements and public offerings of equity, debt and convertible securities. In this capacity, he has extensive experience advising companies in the life sciences, information technology, and clean technology industries in all aspects of corporate and securities law.
Mr. Mirkin has represented numerous biotech and medtech startups in launching their drug discoveries and medical devices, helping to navigate them through the FDA clinical trial process for new drug approval and to surmount the regulatory hurdles for medical devices. Many such companies have been spin-outs from universities’ and research institutions’ laboratories, benefiting along with infotech startups from Mr. Mirkin’s extensive experience in the technology transfer process.
Prior to joining Rimon, Mr. Mirkin worked as a partner at Hicks, Motto & Ehrlich in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. He has been a frequent speaker to university audiences of engineering, computer science and medical students on topics of corporate and securities law, especially venture financing for technology startups. He was honored to chair the inaugural Southeast Venture Conference.
Mr. Mirkin received his J.D. from Duke Law School and his B.A. in Economics cum laude from Duke University.
- Represented several group medical practices in acquisitions, both on buy and sell side, both to public and private buyers
- Represented an offshore medical device company with commencement of U.S. clinical trials for FDA clearance
- Represented a leading distributor of dietary supplements in a $75 million dollar securities offering
- Represented a medical device university spin-out in its acquisition by a private equity firm
- Represented an international combination medical device and laboratory services company in a venture capital financing
- Represented an esoteric beverages company in an angel financing in Europe
- Represented a nutritional supplements company in a strategic reorganization followed by a private equity financing
- Represented the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors of a publicly-traded company selling a line of assets to a Fortune 50 acquirer
News, Events, & Insights
Duke Law - Annual Transaction Law Competition
Events January 21, 2022
Seed-stage financing for life sciences ventures
CLE March 26, 2020
Rimon’s Complimentary CLE Webinar Series 2020
CLE March 21, 2020
Environmental Health Sciences Bridging the Gap between Exposure, Mechanism and Public Health Seminar
Events August 30, 2017
Rimon opens new office in the Research Triangle, North Carolina
News March 6, 2017
Rimon Deal Featured in DBR Daily Business Review
News January 6, 2016