Mr. Diamond has been practicing corporate and securities law for over 30 years. His practice focuses on two areas: private investment funds and broker-dealer regulatory and compliance issues. After 10 years in private practice with Coudert Brothers, an international law firm (and predecessor firms), where he specialized in corporate finance and merger and acquisition transactions, Mr. Diamond became in-house counsel and compliance officer for major Wall Street firms, including Lehman Brothers, Deutsche Bank, Wasserstein Perella, and Robertson Stephens. While at Lehman Brothers and Deutsche Bank, Mr. Diamond spent five years in Hong Kong as legal counsel for Asian Matters and, at Deutsche Bank, as a member of the equity derivatives structuring group. At Wasserstein Perella, Mr. Diamond was Director of Compliance and legal counsel for the equity and high yield sales and trading businesses. At Robertson Stephens, Mr. Diamond was in charge of legal matters for the institutional and retail sales and trading and asset management businesses and participated in creating several hedge fund products.
Mr. Diamond then spent two years as General Counsel for a hedge fund management company with approximately $800 million in assets under management. While there, he structured and helped launch a number of hedge funds, including Japanese and European Funds, and managed complex employment issues. Mr. Diamond was then engaged by the San Francisco law firm of Howard Rice Nemerovski Canady Falk & Rabkin to develop compliance policies and procedures for the firm’s investment adviser-client base. From 2004 to 2012, Mr. Diamond conducted an independent consulting practice (Diamond Consulting), which provided legal and compliance services to investment advisers, broker-dealers, and other financial services companies.
Mr. Diamond is admitted in California and New York and passed the Series 7 (General Securities Representative) and Series 24 (General Securities Principal) examinations. Mr. Diamond graduated from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor’s Degree in General Studies. He then attended the University of Southern California Law School where he earned his Juris Doctor.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Private Investment Funds Lawyer of the Year in California, Corporate INTL Magazine Global Award, 2022
- Private Investment Funds Lawyer of the Year in California, Global Law Experts, 2019-present.
- Private Investment Funds Lawyer of the Year in California, Corporate Intl (JRS Corporate Limited), 2019-present.
- Delaware Law Updates, Rimonlaw.com, March 15, 2019
- Registered Investment Adviser Compliance Update, Rimonlaw.com, March 15, 2019
News, Events, & Insights
- Rimon Attorneys Named Lawyer of the Year in Four Practice Groups
Awards September 1, 2021
- Rimon Partner Mark Diamond wins the 2021 Global Law Experts Award: Private Investment Funds Lawyer of the Year in California
News February 17, 2021
- LP Defaults and GP-led Fund Restructuring
CLE May 4, 2020
- Rimon’s Complimentary CLE Webinar Series 2020
CLE March 21, 2020
- Rimon Partner Mark Diamond wins the 2020 Global Law Experts Award: Private Investment Funds Lawyer of the Year in California
News February 5, 2020
- Rimon Partner, Mark Diamond, wins the 2020 Corporate Intl Magazine Global Award: Private Investment Funds Lawyer of the Year in California
News October 23, 2019