Mark Lee is a corporate and securities attorney who focuses on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, SEC compliance and reporting, and technology licensing.
On the transactional side, Mr. Lee advises on public and private company mergers and acquisitions, and capital markets transactions and related regulatory issues including IPOs, Regulation A, alternative public offerings, PIPEs, ATMs and Regulation D private placements. He advises U.S. and international clients on U.S. stock listings, SEC compliance and represents them in SEC, FINRA, OTC and foreign regulatory inquiries and investigations. He also advises on technology licensing and intellectual property issues.
Mr. Lee works with clients ranging from startups to established private and public companies in industries including technology, insurance, life sciences, clean energy, oil and gas, natural resources, financial services, pharmaceutical, cannabis, and medical devices. He has significant cross-border experience, advising Chinese (PRC), Canadian, United Kingdom and Asian companies with U.S. legal matters including contracts, disputes, intellectual property licensing, formation, securities, employment and regulatory issues.
- Representation of numerous insurance brokers in purchase and sale transactions in excess of $500 million.
- Representation of a public clean energy company in a reverse acquisition and alternative public offering in excess of $20 million.
- Representation of numerous hemp and cannabis related companies in public and private offerings in excess of $200 million.
- Representation of two technology companies in public offerings aggregating more than $110 million.
- Representation of a public technology company in a $300 million merger transaction.
- Representation of Nasdaq listed companies in complex internal investigations.
- Representation of a public natural resource company in financings and acquisitions in excess of $20 million.
- Negotiating and closing the merger of a private software company in an $8 million transaction.
Awards & Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013-2017, 2020-2022
- “Lawyer of the Year”, Corporate Law, Sacramento, 2021
- Corporate Law, 2020-2022
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2013-2017
- Team Member, BTI Power Rankings, “The 16 Strongest Firms for “Go-to Outside Counsel Insurance Work”, 2016
- Sacramento Magazine, “Top Lawyer”, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2015, 2017
- American Bar Association
- Asian/Pacific Bar Association of Sacramento
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, International Law Section
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Business Law and Intellectual Property Sections
- State Bar of California, Business Law and International Law Sections
News, Events, & Insights
Global law firm Rimon PC adds corporate and securities attorney in California
News January 19, 2022