John has over 35 years of experience advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, commercial transactions, and international licensing agreements and joint ventures, and has negotiated complex financings valued up to several hundred million dollars.
John advises clients in a wide range of industries, including the technology, private equity, manufacturing, distribution, and agribusiness sectors. He most enjoys working with innovative and creative clients.
- Serves as primary outside counsel to multiple technology, biotechnology, manufacturing, and distribution companies.
- Represented an international market data company in its sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented a national healthcare consulting company in multiple private equity financings.
- Served as chief legal counsel for an equity fund in numerous portfolio company investments.
- Represented a data analytics company in its sale to a strategic buyer.
- Represented a private equity fund in multiple agribusiness equity investments.
- Represented an international military pilot training company in its sale to a private equity fund.
- Represented a pharmaceutical laboratory company in its sale to a national laboratory company.
- Represented a computer hardware company in multiple private equity financings.
- “Internal Corporate Readjustments”, MoBar CLE Business Transactions Deskbook
- “Preparing for Acquisition Due Diligence,” ACC St. Louis Newsletter, October 25, 2018
- Implicit Bias in the Boardroom and the Courtroom- How to Recognize It and Deal with It, Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC), St. Louis Chapter, September 16, 2020
- Business Succession Planning: Leaving Your Legacy Intact, September 10, 2019
- You Want Me to Do What?, Association of Corporate Counsel, St. Louis Chapter, May 9, 2018
- Member: The Missouri Bar; The Illinois State Bar Association; Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Business Law Section
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America – Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Business Organizations, Commercial Transactions, Corporate Governance
- Lawyer of the Year in Business Organizations (St. Louis), Best Lawyers in America, 2020
- Power List for Mergers & Acquisitions, Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 2023
News, Events, & Insights
- Corporate Attorney John Finger, Real Estate Litigator James P. Sanders join Rimon PC as Partners in St. Louis
News November 6, 2023