Glenn D. Smith
With both a business and legal background, Glenn Smith advises clients in all aspects of the business cycle. He relies on a tactical approach to help clients solve problems so they can focus on realizing their strategic plans. He has wide experience helping clients in a number of industries, including aerospace, technology, life sciences, hospitality, health care, and manufacturing.
As a former executive and board member of a publicly traded gaming consultant and incubator, he headed the investment committee, led the legal team, worked with the consulting team, and was responsible for investor and market relations. Today, as a lawyer in private practice, he advises issuers and bankers in capital market transactions, funds on investments, and portfolio matters, as well as public and private companies in capital raising and M&A. He also counsels clients on employment matters, board structure and composition, and new business initiatives.
Clients think of Mr. Smith not just as a lawyer but as an advisor who takes the time to understand their business and their goals. He works with clients to achieve those goals within the proper legal framework.
- Advised Palisades Growth Capital in multiple investment and dispositions, including the investment and sale of DocuPace, a back office fintech company.
- Advised QLess, a SAAS appointment company, in debt financing and other corporate matters.
- Advised Meggitt PLC in the sale of its global virtual firearms training business.
- Advised Meltwater in its acquisition of Owler, a crowd sourced competitive business insight service.
- Advised Videndum, fka Vitec PLC, in multiple acquisitions and financings, including it acquisition of Infiniscene, a cloud based streaming service.
- Advised Wedbush Capital Partners in the acquisition and sale of its portfolio company, Reyn-Spooner.
- Advised Roku in multiple acquisitions, including Giraffic, an Israeli software developer of a video streaming accelerator.
- Advised Bioness in its sale to Bioventus.
- Member, Business Law Section, California Bar Association, 1989-Present
News, Events, & Insights
Global Law Firm Rimon PC Adds Four New Attorneys, expanding Corporate, Real Estate and Competition Practices
Innovation May 9, 2023