Frank Vargas is an attorney who holds a unique combination of legal and business experience that differentiates him from other corporate and financial lawyers. As an attorney, he has more than 34 years of experience in corporate and securities law and has represented and counseled some of the largest and best-known technology companies and venture capital funds in the United States. His clients range from public and private companies as well as venture and private equity funds in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, Seattle, Madison, Minneapolis, New York and Boston. He regularly counsels’ clients on a variety of legal as well as business matters such as Angel and Venture Financing, Initial and Secondary Public Offerings, Mergers and Acquisitions, Contracts, and Complex Technology Licensing.
From 1995 until 1999, Mr. Vargas served as a principal (and co-founder) of Aethlon Capital LLC and Executive Vice President, Director of Corporate Finance for Dougherty Securities. He is also the co-founder of more than 26 companies.
As a successful entrepreneur, businessman and investment banker, Mr. Vargas understands the complexity and challenges of business. He assists and counsels’ enterprises on difficult issues related to structuring, restructuring and obtaining financing, acquisitions and divestitures, and corporate governance. He also spends time making introductions to other contacts and companies to assist clients in building management teams and boards and helping companies with synergistic relationships and potential acquisitions.
For the last thirty years, Mr. Vargas has taught a number of continuing legal education seminars on various topics including public offerings, venture capital financings, and private placement of securities. Mr. Vargas has also been asked to speak at a number of business conferences on diverse business management matters like business valuations, financing companies and planning for the investment exit.
Mr. Vargas is also on the adjunct faculty of Santa Clara University Law School where he co-teaches a course on Business Organizations and co-teaches Start-Up Law, on the adjunct faculty of the University of St. Thomas where he taught courses on business ethics and entrepreneurship, Saint Mary’s University where he instructed a Master’s in International Business course on entrepreneurship, and the University of Minnesota where he co-taught a seminar on entrepreneurship.
Mr. Vargas received his JD and his MBA from University of California at Berkeley, and his AB from Harvard University, with honors.
- Co-Author, A Summary of Crowdfunding under the JOBS Act, Lexis Practice Advisor®. April 2017
- Co-Author, Regulation A Plus, Lexis Practice Advisor®. April 2017
- Co-Author, Recognizing Social Entrepreneurship: Minnesota Embraces the Public Benefit Corporation, Bench & Bar of Minnesota, Volume 71 (No 8). September 2014
News, Events, & Insights
- Rimon Attorneys Named Lawyer of the Year in Four Practice Groups
Awards September 1, 2021
- Software licensing
CLE March 25, 2020
- Rimon’s Complimentary CLE Webinar Series 2020
CLE March 21, 2020
- Rimon Partner Frank Vargas wins the 2020 Global Law Experts Award: Venture Capital Funds Lawyer of the Year in California
News March 17, 2020
- Rimon’s Complimentary 2019 CLE Webinar Series
CLE December 21, 2018
- Complimentary CLE Webinar: Corporate Governance Issues Related to Mergers and Acquisitions of Delaware Corporations - Recording
CLE December 20, 2018