Debra Vernon is a corporate and securities attorney advising companies and investors on legal issues faced through all stages of their corporate life cycles. With over two decades of experience advising technology companies in Silicon Valley, Ms. Vernon specializes in startup formation, venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, offshore corporate structuring and corporate governance for clients based in the United States, Asia, South America and Europe. Ms. Vernon provides business-focused, practical advice to help clients navigate the opportunities and challenges facing high-growth companies. In addition, Ms. Vernon advises clients on family law cases concerning the division of corporate securities and property and the impact of divorce on corporations.
Ms. Vernon has been recognized for her legal achievements. She is a recipient of the Lawyer Monthly Women in Law Awards 2021 for Investments and Private Equity. She was a 2016 recipient of the Women of Influence Award and has been named a “Woman to Watch” in Silicon Valley. A diversity advocate, Ms. Vernon is a founding member of the board of The Athena Alliance and was a contributing author to “Changing Tides; Powerful Strategies for Female Founders”, published in 2018. Ms. Vernon was Chair of the Board of the Women Lawyers’ Section of the San Mateo County Bar Association in 2020. In addition, Ms. Vernon was on the corporate venture team which won the Global Corporate Venture Award: Legal Firm of the Year in 2016.
Debt and Equity Offerings
- Representation of SOSystems, Inc. in its Series Seed financing
- Representation of Palma Ceia SemiDesign, Inc. in its Series B-2 financing
- Representation of 2xplr, Inc. dba Cluster in its convertible promissory note financing
- Representation of N3N Co. Ltd., a South Korean company, in its Series C financing
- Representation of BaseBit Technologies Ltd., a Cayman Islands company, in its Series B financing
- Representation of FuseChain Inc. dba DigitalBits in its seed financing
- Representation of Bankorus in its SAFT financing
- Representation of DocSend, Inc. in its Series Seed financing
- Representation of Kii Corporation, a Japanese company, in its Class B Preferred Shares financing
- Representation of New Enterprise Associates and Sequoia Capital in many venture capital investments
- Representation of GE Ventures, Samsung Ventures and other corporate venture investors
Mergers, Acquisitions and Spin-Offs
- Representation of Hackbright Academy in its acquisition by Capella Education Company
- Representation of Deep Forest Media, Inc. in its acquisition by Rakuten Marketing LLC
- Representation of Mixamo, Inc. in its acquisition by Adobe Systems
- Representation of Zuman Inc. in its asset sale to Vensure Employers Services Inc.
- Representation of Lightbend, Inc. in its acquisitions of OpsClarity, Inc. and Bold Radius, Inc.
- Representation of Orbis Technologies, Inc. in its acquisition of RSI Security, Inc.
- Representation of Simply Hired, Inc. in its acquisition by Recruit Holdings Ltd.
- Representation of Lockheed Martin Corporation in the spin-off of its Real 3D division
General Corporate Representations
- Representation of Electroninks Inc., a material science company developing inks and products for consumer electronics
- Representation of Koombea Inc., a digital product development company that builds mobile and web apps
- Representation of Zytara, Inc., a fintech company focused on gamers and esports enthusiasts
- Representation of Fusechain Inc., a blockchain technology company
- Representation of the DigitalBits Project, an open-source blockchain project focused on consumer engagement
- Representation of Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, Merrill Lynch and other underwriters in public offerings
- Representation of Auto-By-Tel Corporation in its initial public offering
- Representation of Catapult Communications Corporation in its initial public offering
- Representation of Netscape Communications in its initial and secondary public offerings
- “The European Union’s Proposed Directive for the Legal Protection of Databases”, 10 Boalt Hall High Tech Law Journal 105
- “Changing Tides: Powerful Strategies for Female Founders”, Contributing Author
- Changing Tides Wave Tour Conference, Speaker: “LegalTech: Changing the Tides by Changing the Game”, November 2020
- “Women Entrepreneurs: Building Your C-Suite,” Women Entrepreneur’s Summit, hosted by First Republic Bank, May 2019
- “Startup Legal: The Nitty Gritty,” Founders + Funders Conference”, sponsored by Seneca Ventures and Women 2.0, May 2019
- “Women in Venture,” The Pitch: Silicon Valley Business Journal, July 2017
- “Top Opportunities and Risks of Blockchain,” at OnePieceWork SF, June 2017
News, Events, & Insights
OneMedNet Announces de-SPAC Transaction with estimated value of $317 million with Data Knights Acquisition Corp.
IM Report April 26, 2022
Women in Law: an Interview with Debra Vernon
News February 2, 2022
Global law firm Rimon PC welcomes Corporate and Securities attorney Debra Vernon to its San Francisco office
News May 11, 2021