Dave Mahoney advises private business owners and their human resources professionals on how to navigate the always evolving employer-employee relationship. Dave is a trusted resource who advises companies, large and small – union and non-union, with the day-to-day challenges of complying with constantly changing federal, state, and local laws. Dave takes a proactive approach, helping employers avoid disputes by establishing policies and procedures that are designed to establish clear avenues of communication and expectations between companies and their workforces to avoid litigation whenever possible. Dave also regularly conducts internal audits and investigations to solve problems before they arise.
When litigation is unavoidable, Dave relies on more than twenty years of courtroom experience to defend his clients’ interests in state and federal court, administrative proceedings, and all forms of alternative dispute resolution. Dave’s focus never wavers from the goal of finding effective and efficient ways to put his clients’ problems in the rearview mirror and get back to the business of doing business.
Dave’s litigation skills are not limited to employee relations. He began his career as an Assistant District Attorney in the Trial Division of the New York County (Manhattan) District Attorney’s Office, serving the Honorable Robert M. Morgenthau, where he distinguished himself representing the People of the State of New York in narcotics, weapons, street crime, fraud, and domestic violence matters.
Since moving to private practice, Dave has developed a specialty in Ponzi-scheme related litigation, having represented Court-appointed fiduciaries and various other parties in no fewer than fifteen different Ponzi-scheme proceedings, including serving as the Trustee’s lead counsel in the 1,500 litigations spawned by the Agape World, Inc., bankruptcy case.
Dave graduated with honors from both Siena College and Seton Hall University School of Law. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Labor and Employment Section of the New York State Bar Association, and the Knights of Columbus. Dave has coached youth soccer, basketball, and baseball and previously served on the Board of Directors and as the Director of Travel Soccer for Oceanside United Soccer Club.
- Represented manufacturing client in successful negotiation of collective bargaining agreement, avoiding work stoppage
- Represented security company, obtaining a favorable settlement in class action wage and hour litigation
- Represented solar installation company, obtaining dismissal of age discrimination complaint
- Represented youth hockey organization, investigating and taking corrective action to address claims of discrimination before formal complaint was filed
- Represented federal defense contractor in connection with discrimination complaint
- Represented physician in “business divorce” litigation against his former partners in medical practice, obtaining favorable settlement just prior to closing arguments at trial
- Represented Chapter 7 Trustee of Agape World, Inc., and its related companies, managing over 1,500 related adversary proceedings in federal bankruptcy court, resulting in the recovery of over $20,000,000 for the benefit of creditors
- Represented husband of convicted Ponzi schemer in defense of claims that investor money was fraudulently conveyed to client
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
News, Events, & Insights
- Coffee Talk: Are We Good?
Events January 25, 2024
- Rimon PC Announces Landmark Combination with New York Law Firm SilvermanAcampora
News October 5, 2023