Sources of Development Finance for Business in Emerging Markets
Events Lisa-Marie Monsanto 9:00am PDT, November 16, 2021
This course reviews sources of development finance for U.S. small and medium-size companies seeking to enter or expand in emerging markets in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Asia. An overview of the types of financing available from the development finance institutions (DFIs), with a particular focus on the United States Development Finance Corporation, are discussed. Basic eligibility requirements, the application process, and financing structures will be reviewed. This program will benefit practitioners with clients seeking to enter or expand their operations in emerging markets.
- Review some of the risks involved in financing projects in emerging markets
- Analyze the role of equity and local partners
- Identify bankable projects
- Discuss sources of DFI finance for U.S. companies seeking to enter or expand their business in emerging markets
- Become familiar with the general application process and timeline for a DFI financed transaction
Streams live on Tue 11/16/2021 at 09:00AM PDT
Lisa-Marie Monsanto focuses her practice on representing project sponsors, private equity funds, issuers and other parties in the structuring, negotiation and documentation of a broad range of financing transactions and equity investments with commercial and bilateral/multilateral development finance institutions. She is experienced in project finance, secured and unsecured single bank, club and syndicated credit facilities, first lien/second lien financing, mezzanine financing, export finance and equipment finance.