Rimon’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) attorneys partner with clients to develop and implement custom ESG policies and strategies that are tailored to each client’s unique circumstances, balancing investment, operational and risk management goals. In a world where non-financial factors are impacting the bottom line of companies, it has become increasingly important that organizations are conscious of their environmental and social impact. Our attorneys develop custom ESG solutions which co-exist with the business and financial objectives of the client.
As a Benefit Corporation in the State of California, Rimon publishes a public report of its overall social and environmental performance assessed against a third-party standard.
- Advising private equity funds on strategic prioritization of policy and regulatory risk to integrate ESG factors into investment selection.
- Advising investment advisers of hedge funds on ESG investment selection, criteria, due diligence and implementation and, there-after how to assess effectiveness of investment strategy.
- Integrating ESG due diligence as part of traditional legal due diligence for mergers and acquisitions and venture capital transactions.
- Developing custom, innovative structures for impact-focused platforms, dedicated impact funds, secondaries funds, co-invest funds, opportunity zone funds and other special investment vehicles that position clients to achieve both their financial goals and social purpose.
- Representation of United Sustainability GmbH in relation to the creation of an impact investment fund for renewable energy, clean water, ecosystem restoration and other sustainable infrastructure projects.
- Negotiating ESG, impact, climate, and other sustainable investment provisions in key corporate documents such as limited partnership agreements, private placement memoranda and side letters.
- Representation of Kairos Investment Management Company in the formation of a $500 million evergreen fund to invest in Kimpact Fund I LP, a real estate impact investment fund focused on value added real estate with a social impact component.
- Representation of ESG organizations in corporate transactions, including Calvert Social Investment Foundation, Inc. on the formation of, and placement of limited partnership interests in, Equity for Impact L.P. and ImpactAssets Funded Guarantee L.P., both Delaware limited partnerships.
- Representation of investment management firms focused on emerging markets and impact investing in connection with the formation of a new fund.
- Representation of fund managers in the creation of SPVs where carried interest distributions are determined in part by meeting quantified ESG goals.
- Working with United Sustainability Valuation & Accounting GmbH in relation to modifying accounting standards so that companies will benefit from operating more sustainably (known as “integrated sustainability accounting”).