Practice Groups & Specialties
The core of the Rimon's tax practice consists of transaction-related tax planning for investors and business.
Our ongoing participation in our clients' businesses allows us to detect tax concerns early on and to devise innovative and practical solutions for the best possible results. Our attorneys have helped clients, from large multinational corporations to entrepreneurs and start-up companies, plan strategies to legally minimize their tax burden.
Our attorneys have a significant amount of sophisticated tax planning experience involving emerging companies, partnerships and other joint ventures, limited liability companies, "S" corporations, REITs and REMICS, closely held businesses, public and private "C" corporations, strategic alliances, tax-exempt organizations and a variety of trust arrangements.
Our international tax practice covers a wide range of cross-border issues for both foreign and U.S.-based clients. In addition to tax analysis of international transactions, Rimon's tax attorneys advise on cross-border investment structures, international financial products, ongoing tax planning for multinational clients and international tax planning.
We also advise nonprofit clients on federal and state tax-exempt organizations rules, including formation, reporting, joint venturing with for-profit partners and income from unrelated business ventures.
Representative Transactions Handled by Rimon's Attorneys:
- Setting up a tax structure for a U.S company doing security related business in South Africa in connection with the 2012 World Cup, including joint venture agreements and employment agreements for U.S. and South African personnel
- Establishing a tax structure for the sale and purchase of oil products from Russia
- Setting up a tax structure for U.S. company's investment and conduct of business in the telecom industry in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Democratic Republic of Congo, Sierra Leone, Guinea and Argentina
- Recovering VAT payments of U.S. company in Sweden, Belgium, France and the Netherlands
- Restructuring of Israeli company's investments in Brazil and Poland through its Dutch subsidiary
- Setting up tax structure for Israeli publicly traded company doing business in Indonesia
- Advising Israeli and foreign high net worth individuals regarding their investment in response to recent tax changes in Israel, the U.K. and the U.S.A
- Representing U.S. clients before the I.R.S. in connection with the I.R.S. Voluntary Disclosure program