Practice Groups & Specialties
We bring structure to chaos.
Rimon’s Records and Information Management (RIM) compliance group guides companies on properly establishing legally compliant and defensible information governance and e-discovery preparedness. Emphasis is placed on consistently following RIM policy so that firms are not only in compliance, but also in a highly defensible position in the event litigation arises.
Areas covered in a typical engagement include:
- Provide recordkeeping regulatory requirements and retention recommendations for all 50 U.S. states and over 130 countries
- Ascertain recordkeeping compliance with major legislation such as Dodd-Frank and Sarbanes-Oxley
- GARP® (Generally Accepted Recordkeeping Principles) compliance assessments and audits of systems for accountability, transparency, integrity, protection, compliance, availability, retention, and disposition
- Delivery and advice on privacy protection retention requirements, including foreign regulations or international standards and guidelines
- Develop process-based or big bucket records retention schedules
- Maintain domestic or international legal and regulatory records retention requirements
- Presentations and advocacy of RIM programs to senior management
- Needs assessments and RFPs for technology needed to develop comprehensive RIM and e-discovery preparedness programs
- Identification of risk areas arising from current electronic data and other RIM practices
- Legal opinions regarding going paperless, records or information destruction, backup policies and triggering events for legal holds
- Create or improve policies for records retention either in the cloud or on private servers such as e-mail, instant messaging and other electronic communications
- Create or simplify the records retention schedule and electronic file plan to work seamlessly with electronic records, including taxonomy development
- Strategize for legal holds and electronic document preservation in the event of litigation
- Training program development, design, implementation and delivery for effective RIM compliance
- Develop and implement processes for data preservation orders, litigation holds or legal holds
- E-discovery and RIM Expert witness services on any of the above topics
Since the turn of the millennium, our practice group's founding partner, John Isaza, has done work for some of the most highly regulated industries on many of the above types of compliance engagements, including the oil and gas industry, financial sector, domestic and foreign government entities, foreign companies, technology sector, insurance services, food and entertainment industry, manufacturing, automotive, and the legal services sector.
Until fairly recently, Mr. Isaza was one of only a handful of attorneys in the world specializing in this area of law. The practice emphasizes preventive compliance and crisis management.