Practice Groups & Specialties
Over the past two decades, a distinct legal landscape has grown up around companies conducting business on the Internet. The application of existing and the creation of new privacy, commercial, copyright and trademark laws as well as international treaties are designed principally to protect the public, but are also designed to foster the free flow of commerce and corporate development. It is important for companies that generate revenue or distribute information online to ensure that they are operating within the “safe-harbors” established by the law.
Properly constructed online policies can also be powerful and necessary marketing tools, particularly when dealing with corporate customers or when in possession of customers’ private information. Rimon’s internet law attorneys have been practicing and following internet law since the advent of the internet and the world-wide web. They have developed their expertise through a combination of corporate and government work, counseling Fortune 500 Companies and startups alike.
Representative Transactions Handled by Rimon's Attorneys:
- Represented web-based companies in development of internationally recognized privacy policies
- Represented software development companies in use and distribution of products incorporating open source code and applications
- Represented blog aggregators in content development, alliance and licensing transactions
- Represented technology companies in the licensing, distribution and other commercialization of products
- Represented bioinformatics company in licensing out access to bioinformatics database
- Represented web security solutions companies in developing OEM relationships
- Represented enterprise-wide application access solutions company in developing multiple alliance arrangements
- Negotiated of client-specific source code escrow accounts